Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter

Winter has felt so long. We had our first below 0 weather in November and it keeps coming.... It is normal to have weather when it it below 0 but January and February is when we usually have real cold days. I wish I would have kept track of it. I am sure it is some kind of record. I need to remind myself that winter has been bad everywhere and at least cold and snow are our normal. It has warmed up the last few days but with high wind warnings, it is wonderful for the 30 degree temperatures but the drifting and wind is so bad you still can't be outdoors. Do I sound crabby?
A bright spot in the week is the bible study that I host at my house each week. We just finished Live a Praying Life by Rebecca Kennedy Dean. Now we are doing Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed. We have gotten our book club going and choose a Montana autor Stanley Gordon West.  I had readied To Bind your Ponies and really enjoyed it. The Characters were good and the way he captured basketball in Montana was perfect. We are reading Growing an Inch. This weekend our church is hosting a Marriage Seminar hosted by Jim and Karen Evans.
February is passing. 

                                                                   Some Winter photos
These Eagles where feeding on a Deer that had been killed along the road, the field was full of Golden Eagles, Bald Eagles and crows. I hadn't seen a Golden Eagle that close before they are much bigger then the Bald Eagles. Those darn crows are a big bird also. I always feel so blessed to live here when I see nature so up close.